Social Media StrategyOne of my roles as a Marketing and Sales strategist is to help build a social business model that aligns tools/technology with business objectives.
If your organisation has the right mindset i.e. passionate about customers, interested in the opinions of stakeholders, want to add value to relationships, motivated to engage with target audience online, etc. but is missing the strategic framework, then I can help you:
- Understand all the factors that require consideration before jumping into social media
- Develop social media objectives
- Decide the best way to integrate social media into your existing culture
- Establish your social media "capacity"
- Learn how to listen to stakeholders and monitor what they are saying about your company or brand
- Ease into the process of particpating in online conversations
- Engage your employees in the process
- Develop a system that makes it easy to maintain your social media initiatives
- Develop social media content that stakeholders find useful and helpful
- Set up social media tools and implement tactics
- Understand social media ROI
- Set up analytics and reporting
Social Media Strategy Framework Overview
- Target Audience - Assess audience needs and buying questions that can be addressed through social media
- Objectives - What are your social media goals?
- Social Capacity - What is your ability to create content, maintain social tools & manage your community
- Governance - What social media policies do you want in place?
- Listening - What are people saying about your brand? Listening to stakeholders offers the information required to produce relevant content and shape your social media strategy
- Social Tools - Which social media channels best fit your strategy?
- Content Strategy - Content is the most important component of a social media campaign. It must be relevant/useful to your target audience and adaptable across social media networks
- Blog Strategy - Develop a voice; Help build two-way conversations with your audience; Host discussions; Facilitate sharing of information; Have a clean, functional, usable layout with ability to insert widgets, links, sidebars, etc.
- Data Collection - Use analytics tools to measure engagement i.e. leads, sales, page views, visitors, subscribers, followers, fans, comments, etc.
- Results vs. Goals - Measure results vs. objectives; Why did you succeed or fall short?
- Refine - Assess data; Adjust your strategy; Test new ideas